Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Express at UT Gardens

Last year, I took Noah to the Holiday Express at UT Gardens. Noah had a blast and was very excited to go back again this year.
There's always a bonfire going, plus you can buy hot chocolate and a s'mores kit.
Inside the tent is a beautiful little train city. I can't even imagine how long it take to set everything up.
Of course, we always want a brother picture whenever we do something fun. We don't always get one, but this one certainly melts my heart each time I see it. I know we always say how close they are and how much they love each other, but they have truly been blessed with a loving relationship that we hope gets stronger and stronger as they get older. That doesn't mean they don't get on each other's nerves every now and then or get too rough playing, but for the most part, they are best buds.
Now, for the celebrity sighting...I felt like a girly little 8-year-old when I spotted the beautiful Mary Costa across the room. For those of you who don't know, Mary is the original voice of Sleeping Beauty! Yep, I got to meet Princess Aurora / Briar Rose. At first, I stalked her a bit trying to make sure it was really her. Thankfully, Brenton decided to make eyes at her and then she told me how cute he was. I then said, "Are you Mary?" She said yes and I seriously got butterflies in my stomach. I know it's cheesy, but Sleeping Beauty is my all-time favorite Disney movie, plus Mary has performed all around the world with her amazing soprano voice. I told her how much I loved Sleeping Beauty and she kept telling me that I was pretty enough to be a princess myself -- well, that made my day and I'm sure she says that to most giddy girls (or 30 year olds) she meets! She was kind enough to take a picture with me.
After explaining to Eric who I just met (he was across the room guarding the entrance to the tent to make sure Noah didn't escape and could run around enjoying the trains), we made our way outside to the UT Gardens. The boys loved watching the Koi fish in the ponds and chatting with Santa Claus who was hanging out in the Gazebo.

This is one Christmas tradition we hope to keep every year!

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I'm so happy to see new pictures and descriptions on the blog. As usual, the pictures are beautiful and make me homesick for my wonderful family. How fortunate that Princess Mary got to meet Princess Tyra...:) Love you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! Hugs to everyone!