Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Extra Ultrasound

I went in this morning for my 34 week check-up and everything looked great (weight gain, blood pressure, etc.), but my belly was measuring at 32 weeks. This was the third appointment that I’ve measured smaller than my actual gestation stage. My doctor thought everything was probably okay, but wanted to do an ultrasound to scan Brenton's measurements just to be on the safe side. This was an unexpected surprise since I’m not scheduled to have another ultrasound until my 36 week appointment. Sure enough, Brenton measured great—64th percentile actually. The nurse measured his head, abdomen and femur to get an average of 5 lbs. 7 oz. (give or take a pound).

Brenton’s heart rate was in the 140s and the nurse found it immediately. He actually cooperated this time.

I've been having some cramping/contractions lately too. My doctor said that if I have 5-6 cramping episodes in one hour, to give him a call. For example, if I had 5-6 episodes tonight in one hour, he’d probably admit me, check me and give me something to stop the “contractions.” He said I’m in the home stretch and that 'Braxton Hicks" contractions are to be expected and probably something I’m noticing sooner with this pregnancy than I did with Noah.

I have three new photos to show Eric and Noah, which already show B’s chipmunk cheeks and full lips. We’re still on track and can’t believe we’ll have another little boy in the house so soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the updates and wish the very best for April and early May. Noah is a DOLL, and Brenton will be, too! Best wishes,
Love,
aunt Susan