Monday, February 22, 2010

A Fun-Filled February

What a busy month February has been! I can't believe it's almost over. I also can't believe we're 29 weeks along with baby Brenton and that we'll get to meet him in just 11 weeks! Of course, Noah turned two and I must admit that I was a bit teary-eyed putting him to bed on his birthday. How could two years of his life already passed by? In the hospital, the nurses kept telling us how "alert" he was for a newborn and that they couldn't believe they got a picture of him with his eyes open for the nursery webpage. He certainly hasn't slowed down yet, either! Whether playing with blocks, flying around the house with a cape (aka his blankie) pretending to be Super Grover or asking us to dance (while shaking his fingers in the air), he keeps us busy, but more importantly so in love.

Eric's 29th birthday was relaxing and low-key. Noah and I picked up Fleming's for dinner. Eric's favorites are their Double Thick Apple Pork Chop and Fleming's Potatoes. Earlier in the day, Noah and I made homemade strawberry cupcakes with a strawberry cream cheese icing. I'm the chocolate lover in the relationship, but Eric loves just about anything strawberry. They turned out great, but the best part was seeing Noah get so excited about singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out his daddy's birthday candle. Earlier that morning, I'd put a candle in Eric's cinnamon roll for breakfast which Noah thought was great, too.




On February 12, Eric and I attended the 2010 Evergreen Ball benefitting the Friends of the Smokies. Since I served on the planning committee, we got to go for free and enjoy a delicious meal, open bar and dancing (well, I enjoyed the ice water from the open bar anyway). We considered this our Valentine's Day date :) On the real V'Day, we went to brunch at one of our favorite spots and picked up dinner at P.F. Chang's (i.e. no cooking was done on our part!)


Noah also got to hang out with our former neighbor Caroline who came over one afternoon to keep him for a few hours and then had dinner with us. He is such a flirt and thinks the world of Caroline. Andrew, Thomas and Lauren came over for the Super Bowl, but we didn't take any pics. We were all rooting for the Colts of course, but at least it was a good game.


Over the weekend, we finally saw some sunshine and warmer temps. We played outside and spent time on our deck. I LOVE this picture of my boys!


Right now, we're in the process of finishing up Noah's "big boy" room. The furniture is arranged, artwork is on the walls and the window panels are hung. Now we just need to transfer his clothes and toys over before making the big switch. We've been talking it up quite a bit and he refers to his room as the "big boy room" or "big boy bed" so hopefully it will be a smooth transition. He handles change pretty well, but I'll be interested to see how he does with more "freedom." We'll post pictures once the room is finished.

2 comments:

Beth said...

He's such a cutie pie. I wish he was still at Fenn's school so they could be buddies. Fenn is one of only 2 boys in his class right now... along with about 10 girls!

Gigi said...

Oh, dear...I'm getting teary just reading your post. Noah is growing so fast! Can't wait til March so I can give all of you a big hug...Love you, soooo much.