Friday, September 14, 2007

Wake Up Call

I (Eric) am well known as an early riser. Tyra...not so much. But we were both equally happy to be awake about 5:15 this morning! I was about to get up to go on my morning run, and could tell that Tyra was awake. She said that Noah was moving around, so I put my hand on her belly. I've been able to feel him moving around just 2-3 times so far, but Noah was putting on a show this morning.

He was the biggest wiggle worm!! For about 10 minutes, both Tyra and I were able to feel non-stop kicks, punches, wiggles, and twists. It was so exciting, and a GREAT way to start the day. It was so exciting for me to actually feel all of this so well, and Tyra and I would just look at each other and laugh every time he moved. Thank you God for such blessings!!

Now that we're 1/2 way through the pregnancy (it's flown by), and getting to feel and see him yesterday, it's amazing to think how close we are to having our son here with us. And, he's already practicing on waking us up early in the morning! ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! If you aren't already, you should call him by name and sing to him. Prep now, my friend. Sing him songs that are soothing and comforting. He WILL recognize it after he is born. Actually that goes for the both of you.

Ryan (The Younger) was soothed by the ABC song, no joke! Why... because that's what we were singing to (our) Eric (the Elder) because he was learning his ABCs and Ryan was (in essence) eavesdropping!

And, he's already practicing on waking us up early in the morning! ha!
sleep now... oh, sleep now.

Fields said...

It is the craziest sensation when they move around!!! Sometimes Sarah Hazel cracks me up because she is big enough now that I can watch her move around in my belly. This is one thing that I wish Daddy's could feel too. It's so amazing.