Monday, July 23, 2007

B....O....Y....!!!!!!!!

We went in for the 2nd ultrasound this morning. Although Tyra is 12 weeks, 3 days along, and they typically can't determine gender until 16-20 weeks, they were able to say with about 99.9% certainty that Baby Haag is a BOY!!!! We were so excited!!

The images on the ultrasound screen and the pictures they printed out were amazing! He was moving all aorund and even wiggled back and forth a few times. In one picture, he was turned completely toward the camera (as if he was posing) and you can see his nose, head, and belly! I told Tyra he looks cute and chubby already! :)

He was definitely not shy or modest about showing us his "man-hood" and it was clear on pictures and ultrasound screen that Baby Haag is a boy! It looks like we're going to have a "camera-ham" on our hands. The nurse told us that we better rest up, because he was being so active! Today has been a lot of fun, and we can start envisioning him in more detail now. Of course, the "NAME" bonanza now begins, but luckily Tyra and I have the same top 2 or 3 right now. No telling how many times (or even if) it will change between now and February 1.

We feel so blessed to get this news and to have a healthy little Baby Boy on the way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it...I have a crick in my neck from doing a backflip...okay, I confess...only in my mind. No more pink, frilly thoughts, now it is on to snips and snails and puppy dog tails. I'm thrilled! I love you four! August 2...YAY!!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW it!!! I am SO excited for you. I can just see the grin on Eric's face now. Just think, in a few years you'll have a great babysitter in Hailey.

Fields said...

This is so exciting! He's going to be such a handsome little fellow. I want to see some ultrasound pictures!

Unknown said...

GEEZ! I am glad that not everyone in John's Wedding Party got pregnant...

Congratulations!
Terry (Higgins)

Jen P said...

I'm glad too (ha ha!)

We have some boy stuff to give away...call me.

Jen (Higgins)